San Diego Medical Center
San Diego Medical Center Grants Program
To be eligible for a Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center Community Health grant, an applicant organization (or fiscal agent), must have operations in California and be one of the following types of nonprofit organizations:
- 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization with a 509 (a) designation indicating that the organization is not a private foundation
- A local, state or federal government agency, including any of its subdivisions that perform substantial government functions.
In addition, organizations must:
- Provide direct services and/or programs for disadvantaged and/or underserved populations that address the funding priorities identified above.
- Provide services and/or programs within the geographic boundaries of Kaiser Permanente San Diego Service Area, which includes the communities of: Bonita, Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, Descanso, Dulzura, El Cajon, Encinitas, Leucadia, Olivenhain, Escondido, Fallbrook, Rainbow, Guatay, Imperial Beach, Jamul, La Jolla, La Mesa, Lakeside, Lemon Grove, Lincoln Acres, Mount Laguna, National City, Oceanside, Pala, Palomar Mountain, Pauma Valley, Pine Valley, Potrero, Poway, Ramona, Rancho Santa Fe, San Diego, San Luis Rey, San Marcos, San Ysidro, Santee, Solana Beach, Spring Valley, Tecate, Valley Center, Vista, Warner Springs
- Remain in “good standing” by submitting all required documents, progress (if required), and/or final reports in a timely manner for all previous grants. (Refer to previous grant documents to confirm deadlines). Organizations with overdue documents, progress, and/or final reports will be deemed non-responsive and are not eligible to apply.
Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center Community Health does not consider funding requests from international, social, recreational clubs, or for the following:
- Sports teams and tournaments (e.g., golf tournaments, tennis events, walks, and runs)
- Religious purposes
- Partisan political activities
- Endowments or memorials
- Re-granting purposes to other organizations
Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center will not consider requests from organizations that discriminate based on gender, age, economic status, educational background, race, color, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or marital status in your programs, services, policies and administration. In addition, Community Health grants will not be awarded for activities, events, or programs organized or solely sponsored by alcohol, tobacco, pharmaceutical companies, or companies that produce firearms.
We generally do not provide grants for academic research, capital campaigns, event sponsorships (including community health fairs), or political campaigns.