- Panorama Med Center Img
Panorama City & Antelope Valley Service Area
Medical Center Description
Community Benefit is central to our mission. We believe good health is a fundamental aspiration of all people. We recognize that promotion of good health extends beyond the doctor’s office and the hospital. Like our approach to medicine, our work in the community takes a prevention-focused, evidence-based approach. To be healthy, people need access to care including access to healthy and nutritious food in their neighborhood, safe parks, walking paths, and playgrounds, improved school meal nutrition and increased opportunities for physical activity. Good health for the entire community also requires a focus on social and economic well-being.
We focus our work on three broad areas:
- Providing access to high-quality care for low-income, underserved people
- Creating safe, healthy communities and environments where people live, work, and play
- Sharing medical expertise and disseminating health related resources and sharing it widely with community based organizations, schools, cities, leagues, etc.
Across these areas, we work to inspire and support people to be healthier in all aspects of their lives, and build stronger, healthier communities.
In pursuit of our mission we go beyond traditional corporate philanthropy and grant-making to leverage our internal resources with our physician expertise, clinical practices, health education expertise, and technical assistance. In addition to dedicating resources through Community Benefit, we also leverage substantial additional assets that improve community health, including our workforce volunteerism.
For many years, we have worked collaboratively with other organizations to address serious public health issues such as obesity, access to care, and education. We have conducted Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA) to better understand each community’s unique needs and resources. The CHNA process informs our community investments and helps us develop strategies aimed at making long-term, sustainable change—and it allows us to deepen the strong relationships we have with other organizations that are working to improve community health.
Do you have your own inspirational story that you’d like to share?
Medical Center Local Grantmaking
The grant information below is for historical information only. Our 2014 application deadline was February 03, 2014. Visit this page in the fall for information about our upcoming grants.
Current Funding Priorities
Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Medical Center provides grants to local nonprofit health and human service organizations that address the following needs among vulnerable populations:
Access to health care and health insurance
Access to health care and health insurance with an emphasis on primary care, prenatal care, specialty care, and mental and dental health.
Chronic disease prevention, education, and management
Chronic disease prevention, education, and management with emphasis on diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension and cholesterol.
Obesity and overweight prevention and reduction
Obesity and overweight prevention and reduction through healthy eating active living programs.
To be eligible for a Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Medical Center Community Benefit grant, an applicant organization (or fiscal agent), must have operations in California and be a local, state, or federal government agency operating for public purpose, or one of the following types of nonprofit organizations:
- 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization with a 509 (a) designation indicating that the organization is not a private foundation
- 501 (c)(19)
- 501 (c)(8) or 501 (c)(10) operating under a lodge system and only if used solely for charitable purposes and serving the general community
- A local, state, or federal government agency, including any of its subdivisions that perform substantial governmental functions
In addition, organizations must:
- Provide direct services to disadvantaged and/or underserved populations that address funding priorities identified in the Kaiser Permanente Panorama City & Antelope Valley Service Area Community Health Needs Assessment
- Provide services within the geographic boundaries of Kaiser Permanente Panorama City & Antelope Valley Service Area, which includes the communities of: Acton, California City, Cantil, Mojave, Canyon Country, Castaic, Val Verde, Granada Hills, Lake Hughes, Lancaster. Littlerock, Llano, Mission Hills, Mojave, Newhall, North Hills, Northridge, Sepulveda, North Hollywood, Studio City, Toluca Lake, Pacoima, Arleta, Lakeview Terrace, Palmdale, Panorama City, Pearblossom, Rosamond, San Fernando, Santa Clarita, Saugus, Sherman Oaks, Stevenson Ranch, Studio City, Sun Valley, Sunland, Sylmar, Tujunga, Valencia, Santa Clarita, Valley Village, Valyermo, Van Nuys, Universal City
Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Medical Center Community Benefit will generally not consider funding requests from international, social, recreational clubs, or for the following:
- Sports teams and tournaments (e.g., golf, tennis, walks, and runs)
- Religious purposes
- Partisan political activities
- Endowments or memorials
- Re-granting purposes to other organizations
Kaiser Permanente will not consider requests from organizations that discriminate on the basis of race,color, national origin, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status in their programs, services, policies, hiring practices, and administration. In addition, Community Benefit grants will not be awarded for activities, events, or programs organized or solely sponsored by alcohol, tobacco, or pharmaceutical companies.
We generally do not provide grants for academic research, capital campaigns, event sponsorships (including community health fairs), or political campaigns.
How to Apply
2014 Application Timeline
- Inquiries must be submitted on or before 2:45 pm on February 03, 2014
NOTE: Only one application will be accepted per organization per cycle.
Continue an Existing Application
Already started an online application? If so, click here to proceed where you left off.